Here is a very easy flatbread recipe, that you can make in an afternoon without much fuss. They can be made ahead and kept under a floured towel or frozen for later use. Hope this helps!
PS. This might sound dumb but I used a stock photo. I’ll put up some actual photos after I make this again.
- 1 cups flour
- 1 - 5/8 cup of lukewarm water
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine grain or ground salt
- 1/2 tablespoon any oil/butter/shortening
- Mix dry ingredients together and add most water till starts to clump
- Mix and add water until it has the consistency of tacky pizza dough play dough if you don't know
- Knead for a few minutes
- Let rest in a greased bowl for 45 minutes
- Cut 3 to 6 even sized balls roll and flatten on a floured surface till thin
- Heat griddle to 350F or put a skillet on med heat for about 3 min
- Cook until golden brown spots and flip (bubbles or tiny puffs are good means it is getting done)